It’s almost here! MODEX 2016 is around the corner and we are beyond excited to see what this year brings to the table. The show will take place in Atlanta at the Georgia World Congress Center from April 4th until the 7th and all the lively exhibitor booths will be ready for action, or at least McCue's Booth #3275 will be.
MHI has planned a great lineup and we wanted to highlight a few ways to go about planning your visit in order to have a smooth and memorable experience. So if you have arranged to attend MODEX 2016, pay close attention!
1: Plan Booth Selections
As you may already know, it is best to attend these types of shows with a game plan. Showing up to MODEX without a list of booths to visit is like going on a cross-country road trip without a GPS. The image above is the MODEX 2016 floor plan of exhibits and it can be overwhelming if you’re looking at this with fresh eyes and no strategy. Get prepared for MODEX with your list of top exhibitor booths to visit.
Places to look for your "must see" booths
- Minute to Connect Exhibitor Videos: First, we recommend watching the exhibitor videos here.
- Innovation Awards: Secondly, start sourcing exhibitors through the 2016 MHI innovation awards. Here is a list of all the innovation award submissions.
- Exhibitor Directory: Lastly, there is the exhibitor directory, which has about 795 companies to learn about. That's quiet a lot, better get started now.
2: Learn Something
This year MHI will be presenting keynotes starting Monday at 8:45 am and throughout the show until Wednesday at 2:00pm. There aren’t many events out there where you get to see thought leaders from companies like Shark Tank, Cisco, and XPRIZE. Personally, I plan to attend and am looking forward to hearing Shark Tank’s Kevin O’Leary share his “Lessons From A Dragon”. He will be discussing his secret to riches and provide amusing outtakes from his TV shows.
This may not be for everyone, but there are many different keynotes with topics for every kind of supply chain professional.
There are 100 forty-five minute on-floor seminars in the theaters located on the show floor. All of these seminars cover a wide array of supply chain, manufacturing, and distribution topics. We are specifically excited to watch ProGMA of MHI Present: Protect Your People… And Your Wallet: Safety and Guarding Solutions for the Industrial Facility. To find a seminar up your ally, the on-floor seminar themes are all provided online here.
3: Have Fun & Network
Now that your MODEX 2016 strategy is pretty booked up, it’s time to see what’s going on after hours. If you’re a young professional, MODEX is a great place to meet and network with your peers.
- MHI's Young Professionals Network has been and still is sponsoring a track on the New Generation Supply Chain Workforce. Check out YPN’s schedule here.
- Industry night hosted by MHI on Wednesday, April 6th from 4:30pm – 7:00pm. This event will have a live show with music, food, drinks and entertainment by The Official Blues Brothers Revue. Purchase your tickets now before the event fills up!
- outside of the venue, MODEX is providing NBA game and aquarium discounts that can only purchased online here.
Make sure to plan ahead for an enjoyable MODEX 2016 and stop by our Booth #3275 for a chance to win your very own hover board. See you at the show.