As a responsible business owner or general manager, when investing in a new product for your store you probably do your research. When it comes to safety equipment, that research becomes even more important.
At this point, you’ve likely decided that bollards are a good resource for protecting your business. The next step is deciding which one is best to fit your overall needs.
McCue is known for their expertise in safety equipment, so we want to help make this decision easier. Here is a breakdown of all the different bollard options and where you can use them.
Top 7 Bollard Options
- Metal/Pipe Bollards: These type of protective barriers are often cheaper to install than other options and can withstand the elements. Typically they are used to visually mark pedestrian-friendly areas, but don’t always provide the highest level of safety from vehicle accidents.
- Flexible Bollards: Flexible bollards, like McCue’s FlexCore, are great for warehouse protection. They absorb impact energy and are easy to install.
- Removable Bollards: For instances where you may not need the protection 100% of the time and would rather have an open space, these types of bollards would work for you. They are padlocked together and can be unlocked, lifted, and moved when not in use.
- Lighted Bollards: These bollards are great for illuminating pathways while providing a secure pathway for entrances, walkways, or other areas. But pay attention: If the bollard isn’t rated, it may not be a good choice for protection.
- High Impact Security Bollards: These types of bollards provide protection for your people and property in the event of a vehicle crash. They prevent large vehicles traveling at high speeds from causing damage.
- Bollard Covers: Because store aesthetic is important to you — and to us — bollard covers are made to ensure you can have the safety you need without a lackluster appearance. Covers allow you to keep bollards in line with your brand while also ensuring their durability. They also eliminate the need to constantly maintain them, keeping their paint intact and rust to a minimum
- Rated Bollards: As you think about the safety and protection of your building and customers, rated bollards are one of your best options. The McCue CrashCore bollard is engineered for strength and designed to save lives. CrashCore is ASTM F3016 certified, proven to stop a 5,000lb vehicle traveling at 20mph - imagine what would happen to your store if these bollards weren’t installed?
These are just some of the bollard options you have - visit our website to learn more about each one and make an informed decision on what will work best for your needs.
McCue knows what you expect when it comes to safety and we deliver. Call us today to schedule a consultation with our bollard experts!